Thursday, May 2, 2013

Feature and Follow (30)

Feature and Follow is a weekly meme hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee!


Preferred Follow Method: Either Networked Blogs, Bloglovin, or GFC. :D
If you could follow me on Facebook or Twitter, I would be happy to return the favor.
Just leave your links below! :D
Question: 
Give us a sneak! What are you reading? 
Tell us about a fun or fail scene in your current read.
Answer:

Since I just started reading Tempest Revealed by Tracy Deebs, I'm not far along enough to describe a scene that would be considered Fun or Fail. However, there were tons of fun scenes in my last read, Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins! That book was absolutely amazing and filled to the brim with steamy makeout scenes and fast paced action. My favorite part was when Anna showed off her badass skills to Kaidan for the first time and knocked him on his sorry behind. Since this scene was posted as a teaser on Wendy Higgin's site, I figure there's no harm in showing you guys what I mean. xD

Teaser Time! :D
"Ah. He had no idea what I was capable of now. I held a hand out. “Give me your knife.”
His eyebrows went together. “What?”
“Just give it to me.” I stepped closer, feeling edgy.
“No, Anna, I don’t know what you’re trying to do, but this is ridic—”
My movements were fast as I went for him full force, using all my body weight and strength to hook a foot behind his knee and slam my palm into his shoulder. He landed on his back with a surprised oof and I crouched over him.
“Give me your knife,” I said again.
“Holy . . .” Blake let out a long whistle from where he watched at the rail.
Kaidan lay there with a whimsical sort of look and said, “God, that was hot.”
I held out my hand. This time he fished the knife from his waistband and placed the onyx handle in my palm. From my crouched position I momentarily eyed a wooden bird statue perched at the top of the deck rail twenty feet away, then let the cool metal fly from my fingers. It spun through the air with a sound like rapid wing beats, then a whump as it stuck into the side of the bird’s head.
“Dude!” Blake yelled.
Beneath me, where Kaidan lay, burst a vivid cloud of red so brief I wondered if I’d imagined it. I stared down at him in shock.
“You showed your colors!” I said.
“Did not.” He pushed himself up and we both stood.
“You totally let ’em out, bro,” Blake told him with a grin.
“Shut up.”
When he peered down at me I said, 
“I’ve been training. I’m not completely helpless anymore.”
“I can see that,” he murmured.
We stood there, facing each other. Too much was between us, pulling us together at the same time as it pushed us apart. Our need for each other would always be in constant battle with our need to keep the other safe."

See what I mean? *Fans self*



14 comments:

  1. I've heard great things about this one, but haven't read it yet. Sounds like tons of fun! :D Old follower here.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHA?????? Ok I keep seeing this book over and over again. And I am ashamed that I hadn't even heard of it before tonight (hides in corner!!)

    Angie
    Angela's Anxious Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just hopping through!
    New follower via Networked Blogs & Bloglovin. =)

    Bieke @ Istyria book blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing, the scene was great, definitely a fun part of the book!
    I haven't read it yet, but it's on my TBR list.

    New Follower via GFC and Bloglovin.

    Here's my Follow Friday.

    Johanna @ Challenging Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I hadn't realized Sweet Peril was already out! I adored Sweet Evil.

    Rie @ Mission to Read

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just blogging by, have a great week-end.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/05/feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet Peril has a really nice cover! Looks interesting.

    Here's my FF: http://ireadandtell.blogspot.com/2013/05/feature-and-follow-5_3.html

    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's no way I could read this scene! I would have put down my current read to get to it! I can't wait to read this! Great pick!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  9. Passing through and saying hi.I like your layout and look forward to your posts.

    BTW i found you through FF, hope i can see you passing through on my blog :)

    http://guinandlibertadtomas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. My gosh! That is one GREAT teaser! I really need to read that book now! Steamy romance, bad boy and kick-ass heroine? Count me in! :D

    I'm already following - one of your oldest followers here, hehe! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, almost forgot! From what you said on Teen Bloggers we're about the same age! I'm turning 16 in a few months, hehe!:P

      Delete
    2. Yay! I love talking books to bloggers, especially ones around my own age. xD Happy early birthday! By the way, your blog was one of the few that inspired me to keep on blogging when I came close to giving up. Thanks for being so awesome! xD

      Delete
  11. Followed everyone back! Thanks again for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't read your post because I just bought Sweet Evil and I haven't read it yet. Old GFC and networking blogs follower, new blog lovin follower.

    My FF:

    http://mymidnightfantasies.blogspot.com/2013/05/feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you guys and read every single comment posted! :D If you follow me or post a comment on my blog, I always try my best to return the favor. :) This is now an award free blog. I'm truly honored that you thought of me, but unfortunately I don't have enough time to nominate others. Happy reading, and I hope you enjoy my blog!