Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday (34)

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we can't wait to get our hands on!

Waiting On Wednesday, The Oathbreaker's Shadow

This week's WoW is The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski.

The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski

 Add To Goodreads
Goodreads Synopsis:


Winning what you want may cost you everything you love

As a general’s daughter in a vast empire that revels in war and enslaves those it conquers, seventeen-year-old Kestrel has two choices: she can join the military or get married. But Kestrel has other intentions. 

One day, she is startled to find a kindred spirit in a young slave up for auction. Arin’s eyes seem to defy everything and everyone. Following her instinct, Kestrel buys him—with unexpected consequences. It’s not long before she has to hide her growing love for Arin. 

But he, too, has a secret, and Kestrel quickly learns that the price she paid for a fellow human is much higher than she ever could have imagined. 

Set in a richly imagined new world, The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski is a story of deadly games where everything is at stake,
and the gamble is whether you will keep your head or lose your heart.

My Thoughts:

I heard about this novel not too long ago, but after I read the synopsis, I was hooked. I CAN'T wait to get this. Admittedly, I didn't fall in love with Marie's other YA novel, The Shadow Society, but I'm still going into this with high hopes and expectations. Here's to hoping that it'll be amazing. *Crosses fingers* From what I see on Goodreads, it won't disappoint! AND THAT COVER! I just want to snuggle with it.

Extra Information:
Release Date: March 4 2014
Hardcover: 355 Pages
Publisher: Farrar Straus Giroux
Genre: Fantasy

The Winner's Trilogy:
Book One: The Winner's Curse
Book Two: Unknown
Book Three: Unknown

How about you? What book are you waiting on this Wednesday?

7 comments:

  1. This looks really good, and MAN I love that cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've already read this one and loved it! The characters were okay but the plot was absolutely fantastic. I hope you enjoy this one :)

    Aimee @ Read by the Undead

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo! this is one I'm excited to read as well. It's one I'd read just for the cover alone! lol

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW.
    Jenny @ She Imagined It

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, look at that cover! Gorgeous! And the synopsis seems so interesting. I'll definitely have to read this.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, nice choice. That book sounds pretty amazing. Thank you for stopping by WorkingfortheMandroid.com!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds really interesting and great cover!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick. I had this one last week! I love the cover!

    Heather @ Ya Fantasy Book Junkie  

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you guys and read every single comment posted! :D If you follow me or post a comment on my blog, I always try my best to return the favor. :) This is now an award free blog. I'm truly honored that you thought of me, but unfortunately I don't have enough time to nominate others. Happy reading, and I hope you enjoy my blog!